Innovation Cafe is a unique Innovation and design-thinking studio in the state of Qatar. Its focus remains on supporting the Qatar National Vision 2030 by promoting the growth and competitiveness of both the public and private sector organizations. Our team of experts have a global imprint in successfully delivering ‘value’ in the realm of innovation & design thinking through the most advanced knowledge, tools, techniques & above all, our unique approach.
Sokoon Sign Langauge App Project: The idea of creating this startup came for the Qatari community members to learn Qatari Sign Language and for all the individuals from the Arab region and around the world to learn their country’s sign language through interactive edutainment sessions that simulate their mindset to learn the sign language easily and entertainingly.
In the first phase, the App will include Arabic and English language only to get the biggest exposure possible for millions of deaf people and their families and friends around the world to benefit from our Tech solution and learn about the Arab and global indicative symbols. After confirming its success, the application will be developed for a larger number of most of the world’s spoken languages, and this will be in the second phase.
- Expanding the base of knowledge of sign language, which will contribute to the integration of deaf people into their societies.
- To allow all our customers to learn and familiarize themselves with the Qatari Arabic sign languages, other Arabic sign languages, English Sign Language, and all global sign languages as well.
- The idea of launching this startup from Qatar because Qatar takes the lead in providing the national sign language to all those who are interested in studying sign languages and assisting its deaf people by expanding the base of sign language knowledge from different countries of the world in line with the International Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Providing the opportunity for the deaf and the World Cup volunteers to find a common language and communicate easily.
- The application will be universal and available on Apple and Android systems interactively and entertainingly to learn the language.
Sokoon was the winner of the Mada Innovation Program Direct Grant stream in 2021. The grant was provided to Innovation Cafe for the development of the Sokoon App. Mada Innovation program supported the development of the Sokoon Application by providing Mada Sign Language Studio for recordings of the sentence, proofreading and verifying the content for the Sokoon Team. Mada also took part in three expert group evaluation sessions of sokoon app before the launch of the solution.
The Sokoon Sign Language App can be downloaded on the below link:
The Qatari deaf possesses a linguistic wealth that surpasses everyone in the Arab world, as it’s produced in Qatar all the sign dictionaries (the Arabic sign dictionary, the Islamic dictionary, the geographical dictionary, and the sign language rules.)
Name: Ramzan Al Naimi
Title: Founder of Innovation Café and Be Creative Brand Agency and the Creative Director of Aljazeera
Role: Ramzan will add great value from his 22 years of experience in the creative sector as a senior Creative and branding consultant specializing in media and commercial advertising, working for a media network for more than 20 years, he delivers awesome and outstanding staff.
Experience: have worked with a wide range of brand projects; project creative director of Al Jazeera Media Network Master Brand | Channels Visual Branding | Al Jazeera Merchandise Creative Lead | Al Jazeera Café Branding Design Lead | Al Jazeera London (The Shard) Office branding Project Creative Director.
Timeline of Sokoon